Value of Jotul stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Guipiwan

Nov 7, 2023
Brewster NY
My parents bought this Jotul no 4 combi-fire stove in 1978. According to my moms paperwork, the stove was used only for one year. Since then it has sat in storage.

It’s in excellent condition. I would like to sell it. Any thoughts on a price?

Thanks
IMG_3139.jpeg IMG_3140.jpeg IMG_3141.jpeg IMG_3142.jpeg

That's a Jotul 118. The 4 Combi is the Easter Island looking stove.
Unknown.jpeg

It looks like the side plates are inside, is the baffle in there too or is it missing? Intact with all parts and in good shape (no cracks), these stoves bring $800-1200. A really nice one may go for $1400 now in peak season.

That's a Jotul 118. The 4 Combi is the Easter Island looking stove.
View attachment 318243

It looks like the side plates are inside, is the baffle in there too or is it missing? Intact with all parts and in good shape (no cracks), these stoves bring $800-1200. A really nice one may go for $1400 now in peak season.
Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Im not stove savvy. 🤪. I’ll check tomorrow and see what’s inside it. My mom prized the stove and loved it much … thus hanging onto all these years. She kept everything related to it, including old paperwork.

Is there a way to check for cracks?

Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

Im not stove savvy. 🤪. I’ll check tomorrow and see what’s inside it. My mom prized the stove and loved it much … thus hanging onto all these years. She kept everything related to it, including old paperwork.

Is there a way to check for cracks?
Visually go over the stove looking for any hairline cracks on the sides, back and around the door. Given the low usage, there probably aren't any but it's good to check.