vc aspen or cb602 jotul or intrepid 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francois lussier

Hearth Supporter
Feb 6, 2008
nova scotia canada
hello ,i would like to know i lived in nova scotia and my cottage have 600 square feet of surface with a cathedral ceiling ,,and many windows ,the VC aspen or the jotul cb602 or the VC intrepid 2 will be the best choice

If you're comfortable with burning in a cat stove I would consider the VC Intrepid first for it's longer burn times. The Jotul 602 is a nice small stove as well, but will only burn for about 2-3 hrs before refilling is needed.

I think all three cloud be too small depending on how high those cathedral ceillings go

If you are considering the Jotul, you may want the 3CB since you have the vaulted ceiling and lots of windows.

J.P.

Edit: May also want to consider the Morso 2110 if you can find a dealer.

How well insulated is your cottage? How old are the windows? How high is the cathedral ceiling?
Will the stove be your only source of heat?

If the home has poor insulation, leaky windows, etc, don't rely on the Intrepid II as the only source of heat. Its firebox is too small for long overnight burns.

If the home is relatively modern and well insulated, then the Intrepid probably can heat the whole house, if you don't mind reloading every 4 hours or so.

If you're looking to just to supplement an existing heating system and you have good insulation, then the Intrepid is perfect.

ok ,the cottage is brand new,well insulated ,new thermos windows, and the ceilling is 12 feet hight ,i am planning to heat the cottage just with the wood stove,,i see the intrepid is good for 1200 feet ,and the cottage is just 600 feet ,i feel scare to run the intrepid all the time with just a small amount of wood ,to d ont get the cottage to warm,i read is not good to run a stove all the air nearly close ,the stove gonna make to much creosote ,,even if i have a seasoned wood..

I'm not sure where you read that, but it's wrong. If you are burning good dry wood, creosote should not be an issue, especially with an interior chimney. This is not something to worry about. The whole point of having a catalytic stove is clean, long burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.