Venting it out --- Summers Heat 55-SHP10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uffda

Hearth Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
Nebraska
I bought this stove from Lowes the first part of Feb and finally getting around to venting it out (that is what I get for working 2 part time jobs plus my teaching job).

I ran the the outside air kit tonight and moved the stove into place. Now I am trying to figure out what pieces i need to buy to hook it to the outside.

I am planning to run it into the previous wood stove pipe that is 6 inch.

I put some photos up here -- http://gallery.me.com/wallywyo#100153 (red handle is a screwdriver in the stove outlet pipe)

The stove outlet is approximately 12 inches off the floor. The 6 pipe coming out of the wall is about 18 inches. I can move the stove around a little bit but the platform is a stone platform that makes certain places not level Right now it is.

Also the pipe going into the wall is a single but the pipe in the wall and outside is double.

Status
Not open for further replies.