Vermont Casting Stove RDV40 valve Discontinued?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have this beautiful old Radiance gas stove and the valve (Honeywell vs8420 NG 2000054) has went bad. I have been told I will need to replace the entire stove, Is there another option such as replacing the valve with another sit valve and igniter assembly?
Appreciate any help. Really hate to have something this nice thrown away!

Thanks

you should post some pics of the stove. its possible there is no repair possible for this stove. if so, it has other value, either as an aesthetic piece of furniture, or even better as a parts stove. you could make some money back to apply towards a replacement. you could also shop for a working version, or better yet a used version of newest model.