Vermont Castings Griddle broken-repair?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whoppr

Jan 25, 2013
Hi ....

I have a VC Encore that has a broken griddle. It works fine because it only broke at the hole where the griddle handle bolts to the griddle and seals fine to the stove. I lost the handle and the small piece on the end that broke off ( I may have thrown it without thinking it through). I was hoping to repair it rather than buy a new griddle.

Any suggestions? Weld a handle to the end? Something else? I think I need to be careful so the solution does not interfere with the griddle sitting against the gasket on the bottom. I though weld something right to the end. Right now I am just using gloves to grab it and lift it up when I want to load from the top.

Thanks

Where are you located? Have you asked any local VC dealers if they have any used ones around? We usually have a few encores on the scrap metal pile.

Where are you located? Have you asked any local VC dealers if they have any used ones around? We usually have a few encores on the scrap metal pile.

I am in NH. I have not asked any dealers. I have poked around craigslist and found nothering. Ebay as well but only found new ones. Part number I know is 1300797. The stove is older and is model 2550, Cat Encore. Not a bad idea checking with dealers. I will ask around. The dealer I used to work with is no longer in business, but there are others around.

Status
Not open for further replies.