Q&A Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Have you heard anything about the Resolute Acclaim burning out so that the cast iron needs frequent replacing? I have heard that they are now selling repair kits for the stove that pretty much replaces everything inside. Do you sell these kits? How much are they? How long can a repaired stove last under frequent use? Is there a better stove for regular use? Thank you for any information you can provide me.

Answer:

Vermont Castings had problems with the early Acclaims- and so they modified the design and also created a retrofit. This should last longer than the original design. You can purchase these parts from any Vermont Castings dealer - try one near you since they are quite heavy parts and the freight might be high from here.As far as a better stove- some steel units will hold up to more abuse. I 've used a Resolute Acclaim myself - but have few problems since I use only 1-2 cords per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.