Vermont Castings Vigilant Stove Glass window that screw the glass assembly into the door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbyBlayBlay

Feb 18, 2014
Faifield County
Hey, I was wondering if any of the stove gurus out there would know what size and thread (length, width and thread) the screw are that hold the glass door insert/assembly onto the door of a vermont castings vigilant. I am grateful for any information that anyone has.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I am going to move your thread into the Vermont Castings room on the website where it may be more visible to VC folks who might know a more intricate detail like this.

pen

I rebuilt my vig this year so pulling one out to measure was easy.so with my tap and die set I was able to screw mine into the 10-24 die mine is half inch in lenth, I would use stainless I got the ones that you can put an allen wrench on seem like the Philips type always strip out hope this helps good luck

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.