Vermont Heating and Cooling Guide - Not just for Vermont

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I would like to use an ATW HP for backup electric heat for our house in the future. I like that it can also be a long term solution for efficiently heating water without the giant HPWH.

This link is so good it deserves to be a couple of forums.

I like this report. I don't believe everything on the chart on page 14. I have an extremely efficient new Navien propane combi-boiler. I am paying $1.45 per gallon of propane. #1 fuel oil is selling for $2.65 in my area. I pay 15 cents a kwh. I use my new mini-splits ductless heat pumps when the outside temp is above 32F. I still want to use enough propane to get get the reduced rate. I want to make sure I use at least 700 gallons of propane a year.