Viessmann info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pybyr said:
muncybob said:
Boy, and I AM in the market for an oil/wood boiler. Doubt I can wait for them to arrive here or for the price to be reduced by say $20k or so.

Unless the Viessman is different-- to date, from all that I looked into, it seems like the combo wood/ oil units compromise efficiency on either the wood or oil side- such that separate units may be a better idea anyway, if you have space.

Dr Viessmann would be insulted at the use of the word "compromise" in the same sentence as his family's name. :)

From what I know of the company, they don't know the meaning of the word. Those people aren't wired that way.

BTW, I think there's some confusion on this thread from one of the pictures. In the pic with the buffer tanks and the DHW tank illustrated, that is not a dual fuel boiler. What appears to be an oil burner is in fact the rear view of the Pyro wood boiler showing the variable speed draft fan.

Interesting, lot of what looked like nice boilers from what I could read of the different sites... Just wish more of them would make it to the US.

Lots of similarities in the designs it looked like, and it appears that most were using some sort of Lamda control setup - something that only the Froling seems to have in the US...

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Interesting, lot of what looked like nice boilers from what I could read of the different sites... Just wish more of them would make it to the US.

Lots of similarities in the designs it looked like, and it appears that most were using some sort of Lamda control setup - something that only the Froling seems to have in the US...

Gooserider

Many would probably be here if it weren't for UL and ASME listing along with liability laws in this country.

PYROMAT ECO would suit my needs. The cost of the boiler is a relatively small part of the total system.

So where do I get one from?

Status
Not open for further replies.