Vigilant identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tfenn1

Nov 16, 2006
Just bought a Vigilant stove and would like to know how to identify it. I see there are four models: I, IA, IC and II

There's a hole with a teardrop shaped cover on the left side of the stove. If the hole is egg-shaped, it's a II, round it's a I of some kind, so:

Look in the upper right corner of the fireback. If you find the head of a bolt there, it's a IC, as it has a 2 piece fireback. No bolt means it's a I or IA with a 1 piece fireback so:

If the distance between the hinges is 5 1/2" it's a I, 7 1/2" it's a IA (long doors)

Woodmans Parts Plus has a pretty good visual thingy to help with this as well, just follow prompts to V.C. then to Vigi;ant.