Vintage Haugh’s S136 requires new baffel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hugs4livvy

Nov 26, 2023
Canada
I acquired this vintage Haugh’s stove (looks to be over 30 years old) in the home I purchased last year and although it’s been burning great I’ve noticed it needs a new baffle.

I’m having a hard time finding one locally or online. Any leads on how best to find one, or is there a universal baffle that could be used instead?

I know Haugh’s were bought by Century Heating but that knowledge is bring me no closer to finding what I need!

IMG_9994.jpeg IMG_9995.jpeg

This is the steel plate with holes that allows the secondary air above it to come through, right?

Not difficult to make one if you have some basic metalworking skills. If not, a welding shop should be able to duplicate it easily.

This is the steel plate with holes that allows the secondary air above it to come through, right?

Not difficult to make one if you have some basic metalworking skills. If not, a welding shop should be able to duplicate it easily.
No holes in it, it’s a 19.5 inch x 11 inch (I assume iron?) plate. I need to take it out again and confirm the thickness, with the colder weather the fire hasn’t stopped burning recently…

Seems simple enough (for a welder; not me!) and the same thing was since suggested by the manufacturer who bought out Haughs (spoke with them yesterday).

Have a good metal shop fabricate a new one based off of the old one. If it's in really bad shape, mock up a baffle out of cardboard and bring that to the metal shop.