Vogelzang 5790 E2 error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cst36

Nov 17, 2022
Massachusetts
Hi we have a vogelzang 5790 and it’s running very poorly and creating a lot of black soot. We have been having issues with for about 2 months now. This is a big stove and we should be able to run it for days but we can’t. We are currently getting and E2 vacuum error after the stove kicks on and is running (both combustion and room air fans) and the stove shuts down. I cleaned the exhaust last week and not sure what 1. Is causing it to burn THIS badly 2. what is causing the E2 error. I tested the vacuum hose and it’s not blocked and I hear the click from the pressure switch. US Stove has pretty bad customer service so I figured I’d ask here too.

Welcome to the forum
What you are describing to me is a stove that needs a full cleaning
from the air intake to the exhaust termination!!
Clean all the exhaust passageways those that you can see and those that you can't.
Do you have a manual if so follow the cleaning guide. If you do not have a manual
you can find one online.

Welcome to the forum
What you are describing to me is a stove that needs a full cleaning
from the air intake to the exhaust termination!!
Clean all the exhaust passageways those that you can see and those that you can't.
Do you have a manual if so follow the cleaning guide. If you do not have a manual
you can find one online.
Thanks! I’ve cleaned this thing top to bottom. I honestly don’t know what else to clean in this thing. I replaced the door gasket and there is a dip where the rope meets? Could this be tue culprit? I couldn’t reach vogelzang in regard to which door gasket to get so I ended up with a carbon coated heavy duty one.

this is a possibly

DAMPER CONTROL
The damper control lever is located on the back of the stove. The dampener adjusts the combustion air. This control is necessary due to the varied burn characteristics of individual installations, different pellet brands, and pellet feed rates. It allows you to improve the efficiency of your stove. Providing correct combustion air will reduce the frequency of cleaning your glass door and prevent the rapid buildup of creosote inside your stove and chimney. You should adjust the damper based on the fire’s appearance. A low, reddish, dirty fire can be improved by turning the dampener slightly to the right. A “blow torch” fire can be improved by closing the damper a bit. On higher feed rates, the damper should be open more. Through trial and error, you will find the best setting. Consult your dealer if you need help. NOTE: On heat range “1”, the damper should be either completely closed or open no more than 1/4 of the way. If the damper is open too far, it can cause the fire to go out.

VOGELZANG VG5790 Hopper Pellet Stove Owner's - fig9

VOGELZANG-VG5790-Hopper-Pellet-Stove-Owners-fig9-300x210.png

E2 is indeed vacuum error.

First thing I would check is the little fitting in the firebox that leads to the hose. They tend to get packed with soot. Run a paperclip or something like that through it.

The 5790 will run terrible i dirty, You need to blow out the pressure switch tube where it goes into the stove and clean out the ask doors really well. I also pull the exhaust motor off twice a year and clean it really well in there. One time after I thought it was really clean it fired up and burnt really dirty, I ended up blowing everything out with air hose and it ran great after that. I have been running mine sine 2014 and it heats my whole home. I also highly recommend the