Vogelzang or Pleasant Hearth Pole Barn Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gregerson14

Jul 27, 2023
MInnesota
Good morning,

I have a pole barn I would like to put a wood stove in, and I am looking for some input, opinions, or experiences from others. The barn is just over 1000 sqft and I have narrowed my search to two stoves however am open to others. I am in Minnesota, and we have Menards close by so it's convenient to choose from their store. The two I am looking at is vogelzang (VG1120-L) and Pleasant Hearth (PH1200WS). very similar stoves the only decent difference is efficiency is 13 percent higher on the pleasant hearth. Has anyone used these or looked into them? Thoughts?

In Minn., for a pole barn, I would go for a stove at least twice that size unless this is just for spring and fall chill chasing.