Vogelzang VG5790 help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

graanco

Jan 4, 2021
S@H4e124m
I hate this control board!! I want to replace it with an Englander at least then I wouldn’t have the bouncing thermostat issue!! Anyone else have the issue when you use the thermostat mode and the pellet stove will going up and down for a bit??

Reactions: Twstdfeatrs
Well the englander wont work in the vogelzang. Dif timing, dif wiring connectors, dif size. Have you read your manual and set the stove up to run properly before hooking up the thermostat.

I hate this control board!! I want to replace it with an Englander at least then I wouldn’t have the bouncing thermostat issue!! Anyone else have the issue when you use the thermostat mode and the pellet stove will going up and down for a bit??

That’s how it’s designed. There is no buffer zone or delay. It will toggle from whatever heat range you set, back to 1, like it’s teetering on an edge.

That’s the #1 reason I don’t use thermostat mode. Enough to drive you nuts. I just learned what each heat range does for my house based on the outside temperature, and use that as a rule of thumb to what heat range to set it at. If after awhile I need a little more or less I just walk up to the stove and change it.

I bought mine a few years ago and I hate mine as well. If we could dial up the room air fan without forcing ridiculous amounts of pellets these would be phenomenal heaters. I blow an additional fan over the furnace to spread the heat around the house. It stays 62 in my house all winter long on 1 add a fan and it’s near 70. Ive been contemplating directly wiring the blower to a rotary switch for more force.. that’s all it needs.

if you want it to run on high, all the time just put a cord on it and plug int the outlet. to change speeds you need a speed controler don't use a light dimmer

Reactions: Twstdfeatrs