Water Treatment for Garn 1500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Robert Thomasson

Dec 4, 2021
Elbert, Colorado
I am currently refurbishing my Garn 1500. My model is from 2008. It has been a very good unit up to this point, but I need help deciding the best solution for treating my water to prevent rusting. I have scaled my tank and have solved any issues inside the boiler. I am in the process of adding a recirculation unit that filters the water. They started doing that sometime after my unit. I cannot get in touch at this point with the company that they recommend in WI. Can you use another local company? I am on a well in an area that is very remote. While I am unlikely to to a candidate for pollution from a industrial pollution situation, I am assuming my water is hard. I have got to get going and this couple of day project has turned into weeks of one small problem after another. Any suggestions or opinions would certainly be welcomed.