Wedge issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Replace those. They are stretched and distorted to the point they will never have the contact area they were designed for.
Nice job on the throttle linkage.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Is there a reason you went with this vertical engine and not the larger displacement horizontal one? My original B&S is still going strong, but I found that video whole doing a little preemptive searching. I'm just not sure if a pump can be that much higher than the tanks outlet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pump intake should never be above output of tank, at worst case level with. The other question is what kind of connection hose tank to pump- it should be an anti collapse type due to the suction from the pump. if the hose is collapsing it will starve the pump - loss of pressure and possible damage to the pump.

Is there a reason you went with this vertical engine and not the larger displacement horizontal one? My original B&S is still going strong, but I found that video whole doing a little preemptive searching. I'm just not sure if a pump can be that much higher than the tanks outlet.

If that question is to me, I didn’t pick it. I bought it used off a guy at the fire department I work for. It used to be powered by a similar engine and he bought this as a replacement.

Reactions: FuzzyOne
pump intake should never be above output of tank, at worst case level with. The other question is what kind of connection hose tank to pump- it should be an anti collapse type due to the suction from the pump. if the hose is collapsing it will starve the pump - loss of pressure and possible damage to the pump.
Thanks. I've seen a few newer designs that had the pump higher and it just didn't seem right to me. I'm guessing in a fully pressurized system, it would be fine.

Thanks for the input. I wish Predator made a larger displacement vertical engine than 5hp.

To clarify a bit...the pump intake should not be above the level of FLUID in the tank. Fluid seeks level therefore the intake will always be fluid filled at startup. Just a nitpicking point.... :p

To clarify a bit...the pump intake should not be above the level of FLUID in the tank. Fluid seeks level therefore the intake will always be fluid filled at startup. Just a nitpicking point.... :p
I understand that... Thank you. Was kind of my concern after seeing some of the newer splitters. I fear for their longevity due to low/no oil in the pumps during startup.