WEEKEND SNOWSTORM HERE IN CENTRAL PA???....guess I better bring in some wood!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just left us here in SWPA. We ended up with 3". Elevations got 6 or more. Stove has been going since 5pm yesterday so im toasty!

3 inches in Dillsburg, just walked the dog and heard trees popping sounds like guns going off.... weird

Yes Rottiman, how 'bout it!.....lol.....we've got around 6" or so on the ground here in the central PA mountains and it is still coming down like mad, that is wild hearing those branches popping off.....glad I chose NOT to go out to my treestand this morning....lol...

My stepson and a few friends are driving from NY to Philly this afternoon. Should be a nice, long, slow ride down i95. Anybody have a report along the way?

Just a coating down in central MD, DC area, mainly cold rain. But cold enough to fire up the stove. Below freezing tonight and a hard freeze tomorrow night.

Hope you all up in PA don't lose too many trees. Glad we have some global warming so that it not in the teens this early in the season. ;)

It's been snowing all day in southern Blair County. Lots of wet snow on the trees and lawns but the roads are black. The maple limbs are hanging very low. It's been great to have a warm house and a place to dry wet clothes.

Attachments

• 100_6776.jpg
    100_6776.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 159
Woke up to 25 degrees (F) this morning, and threw in a couple spruce sticks to get the F3 back up. No snow yet in the forecast, but the coldest morning yet here in the lower Ottawa valley. But we will get "ours" soon, I'll wager.

Flatbedford said:
My stepson and a few friends are driving from NY to Philly this afternoon. Should be a nice, long, slow ride down i95. Anybody have a report along the way?

Turned around and came home after less than an hour and very little progress. Mrs. Flatbedford has started breathing again.

aroth said:
It's been snowing all day in southern Blair County. Lots of wet snow on the trees and lawns but the roads are black. The maple limbs are hanging very low. It's been great to have a warm house and a place to dry wet clothes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsM8SK6ZZXw&sns=em[/youtube]

Where are you at aroth? I am just north of Altoona......

Scotty Overkill said:
Where are you at aroth? I am just north of Altoona......
I'm just East of Martinsburg. We have 6 inches of wet snow on the coldest surfaces. The driveway was slush with wet snow on top. I didn't have to make good on my promise run the snowblower while wearing shorts if there was enough snow to run the snowblower but it was much closer than I expected. There is light snow now but the temp. is above freezing and a lot of the snow has fallen off of the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.