Weight of Blaze King Princess, Freestanding VS Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrant

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
The freestanding is labeled at 430lbs, and the insert is 325lbs. If these weights are accurate, why is the insert 105 lbs lighter than the freestanding? The insert doesn't have a base. What else is different that would equate to such a weight difference?

The back of the insert is angled for an easier connection of the flue pipe/liner while the free standing is square. I think that and the lack of the base make up the difference of weight.

i think you have the weights mixed up. pretty sure my stove is about 350. i think the 430 is the weight of the king.

i think blaze king screwed up on there website inless something changed since i got my stove. i remember it saying 350. and my father and i lifted the stove on the hearth no problem. if you look and the king king weight it says its 435. thats only 5 more pounds than the princess weighs. somethings not adding up.

i see now it says the ultra weighs 430 but the classic and parlor weight 385

ecocavalier02 said:
i think blaze king screwed up on there website inless something changed since i got my stove. i remember it saying 350. and my father and i lifted the stove on the hearth no problem. if you look and the king king weight it says its 435. thats only 5 more pounds than the princess weighs. somethings not adding up.

Owners manual says 350 for the princes and 410 for the king with fire brick. That is the weight of the stove and fire brick alone, it does not include the door, blowers, rails, convection deck, or shields.

The Princes brochure gives the minimum weight of the classic/parlor with the door (385) only, and maximum weight of the ultra (430) with all the accessories.

Something seems to be missing. That would put its weight at the low end of big stoves. BK is a larger stove so I would expect it to be in the upper range of weight. For example, the Englander 30NC weighs in at 475#, Lopi Liberty @ 490#, Country Canyon 310 @ 519# and the Alderlea T6 weighs in at 585#.

Edit: According to the BKKing brochure, the decked out Ultra weighs in at 465#, the Classic/Parlor @ 435#.

When we humped the Princess Insert out of my pick up and then into my house, it seemed like it weighted about 325 pounds. About the only thing the insert and the princess stove have in common is the fire box and door.

Manufacturers weights never seem to be very accurate.

Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.