What’s My Wood Burning Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NevadaNick

Nov 25, 2020
Reno, NV
I recently have taken over my late grandfather house and have become very fimilar with it by have fires very frequently. I’ve looked all around the stove and can’t seem to find the brand, make, or model. I’d like to know more about it and looking into adding another in the master bedroom. Any help is greatly appreciated.
4D4669E2-5F3D-4160-A45F-BE4AAEB10EBA.jpeg

I don't think you can, by code, install a solid fuel appliance in a bedroom. The stove looks like a Waterford with the dark green enamel, but I can't be sure.

Looks like it might be an older, small Dovre in nice condition.

What is cast in the lower left portion of the door? Can you get a good pic of that?

What is cast in the lower left portion of the door? Can you get a good pic of that?
That looks like the Dovre logo.
dovre-stoves-logo.png

Nick, check local regulations and your insurance. Wood stoves typically are not permitted in bedrooms.

Definitely a Dovre.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.19.16 AM.png

Reactions: moresnow