What exactly do I have

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That's fine about the st croix. You're giving me good stuff on the 6039. The price is a bother. He said he would look at it closer but it was over at his mom's house. Who knows how long that will take

From his return text about the 6039, he says it was his dads and it was cleaned before storing. From his attitude, he is "proud" of it pricewise. Don't know how low he'll go. Another guy has an older St. Croix that hasn't been cleaned but says all the motors work for 500. I might look at that one. Closer to home
Considering the current situation with other energy sources (propane, NG and even fuel oil), he can be proud as he wants to be but the bottom line is, he won't sell it. Did he say it comes with any venting? Reason I ask is because pellet venting isn't cheap. It's double wall, galvanized outside, stainless inside with an air gap between the sections and they twist lock together so you cannot mix and match different manufacturers as each of them have their own unique system of joining sections.

Never screwed with FB market place, in fact I don't do FB at all. Don't need or want my personal business on the net for all to see.

The St croix is a completely different seller. The 6039 guy is in the opposite direction from me. Pretty sure there isn't any parts interchange. I am going to vent it in to my existing through the roof wood stove flue. They sell 4 inch to 6 inch adapters from what I have found.
Don't blame you about the FB. But it's less anonymous then Craigslist

I like simple stuff. I don't do complex well. One of my friends has a Harmon. It was super expensive and complex and bottom line is, mine does the same thing as his, makes reliable controllable heat. One thing I don't like about the Harmon is, it's a pizzer to clean out and they all have to be kept clean inside. As the fly ash builds up inside the heat output drops because the fly ash is a good insulator.

I don't need fancy nickel plated trim or etched view glass or fake logs. I need reliable heat.

if I had a reliable source of rice coal, I'd have a stoker stove. I was raised with coal heat (chunk) and coal heat is hard to beat.