What have I got into? Stove ID.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Got a stove from the Father in Law for my garage. Could not turn it down as it was a offer in good faith, (we don't always see eye to eye) The baffle plate is shot and will need to be replaced as well as the fire brick, but other than that it is in decent shape. Spoke to a neighbor who happens to have had these stove in the past and said he can weld up a new plate for it, apparently he has done 4-5 of these already. When I went to clean it up with soot remover, I wiped away all the clearance info!!!! So what have I got? and yes, I like beer.

DSCF2039.jpg

DSCF2044.jpg

Baffle

DSCF2043.jpg

DSCF2040.jpg

I am pretty sure that is the exact model my parents have. Darn shame to see one in such disrepair..... I am lazy, and more than a little askeered, when it comes to these situations. I bet you could grab a new one for the cost to repair that unit...

CENTURY / DW stove... not a very expensive guy. the beer stacked next to it probably cost more $

I think you're definitely in need of some physchological or medical assistance - drinking Canadian Light when there's so much better out there???

KB007 said:
I think you're definitely in need of some physchological or medical assistance - drinking Canadian Light when there's so much better out there???

Valid......LOL!!!!!

Looks like you have a rust bucket, aka outdoor smoker that has seen better days.

I like my Canadian Light, back off!!!LOL. And Corona, look to the left. Any ideas on the model of the stove?

Looks like my shop stove's Great Grandfather...in failing health. Rick

There's a stove in the photo? ;) :)

273 E cabot elite would be my guess does it look like it will take a 22 inch stick

FW00030? Sounds right seem to remember seeing that number somewhere on the stove will check tomorrow. Will also check the size of the fire box.

Just got back from using the waders, no they do not leak, lol. Salmon fishing the Atlantic Salmon is a frustrating sport however. Still we had beer after so all is well, this time we drank, Keiths!

Status
Not open for further replies.