What is the value of my wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maxine

Feb 19, 2018
Marshall, NC
i have a large older silent flame wood stove. The number on the inside of the door is 777914. It has electric fan and two sets of doors. I also have chimney pipes. We just don’t need it any more, but I have absolutely no idea if it’s value. How can I found out? Thanks!

150 to 250 plus a little more for the chimney if it is a brand you can still get parts for

Generally a used stove if that’s the case can be sold for $free to $800 depending on condition epa ratings and if the materials/pipe will fit in the next guy/gals house. Best to be installed by someone knowledgeable in stove installs. If the stove pipe you have is rusted and or discolored it’s best not to sell that with the stove. If there is a chip on the stove you can always rejuvenate the stove with a new paint job and or new brick inside. This can add value cosmetically.