What on earth did i do to my convection blower? MIKE HELP Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
So i took my stove apart today to clean both blowers. (A 2016 Englander 25 pdvc) wanted to vacuum the squirrel cage because i could see thru the tiny holes in the side there was starting to get some build up. No big deal, i did it before so i figured i could handle it, while the stove was pulled away from the wall i cleaned the other blower too. Ok back to my issue. With the convection blower, I also took a pipe cleaner to that smaller part where all the wires are coiled up. Got it all back together and now my convection blower isnt turning on. Its connected tightly to both the blower and the control board thing. I know this because i have a new convection blower on back up, i unsnapped the 2 wires, hooked up the new blower and ran it in diagnostics- ran fine. So i was like hmm just for giggles I'll resnap the wires back to the original blower. Nope!
It was fine before. No issues at all but a while ago i thought the blower was shot (which is why i have a new blower) but turned out the squirrel cage was FULL. I know i can use my new blower but my question is what did i do to my first one? Could the lousy flimsy pipe cleaner have done something? Im pretty sure i hear a hum in diagnostics but with the other blower going it was hard to be sure. Could i have lodged something where it didnt belong? No way could i have broken it with pipe cleaners... could i? I dont want to throw this one away if its not broken but something simple to fix. Can anyone please help?

I took the blower out.. while it was still connectedthe hearth pad for shoots and giggles i again ran diagnostics mode.

Im not 100% sure but i think when i put the blower back in.. i installed it the wrong way.. i remember one screw stayed attached to the blower.

Not sure what happened but i took it out while still connected.. worked beautifully. Installed it again and still normal. So im happy. Very happy actually :) the stoves running AWESOME!!! i also noticed some clear tube was cracked. I cut the brittle part off. I wonder if thats why my stove wasnt burning right, lots of unburnt pellets/lazy flame. Which is why i thought both blowers needed cleaning. They were a little dirty but not bad, except there was a decent build up of ash at the exhaust end pipe. Right where it connects to the pipe adapter thing lol. No clue?

Although...now my 1 problem is.. the exhaust blower or somewhere right near it is vibrating. Started after the stove fully heated up. Its gonna drive my dogs nuts.. any ideas???

I'd never stick anything in the part where the motor wires are. Even a pipe cleaner. Those wires are often very thin and fragile. Use a vacuum or clean dry compressed air.