What setting for Pack Saddle Wood Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tnt4him

Mar 3, 2018
Beaverton Oregon
I have a 2006 Quadra Fire Castile insert and I burn Pack Saddle wood pellets which are suppose to be the cleanest burning pellets on the market. Just curious what setting on the control box do I set for these pellets? the range is 1 to 5. Currently I have it set on 4 and notice lots of sparks flying from the burn pot which looks nice but it leaves ash. Everything works fine, just want to be efficient.

I'm burning Packsaddle also, have been for years. I can't say what setting works best for you since my stove is different. I get some occasional sparks from the fines. It's normal. Compared to other pellet brands in Oregon I have found the Packsaddle to be the cleanest.

don't think you can do anything about the fireworks except switch pellets which i'm sure you don't want to..
gonna get ash one way or another...unless you want to go OCD and sift every bag you dump to cut back on the fines.

Ash is a by product of burning
No matter what pellet you use
some worse than others

Reactions: Ssyko and Tonyray