What's a fair price for an 13 year old Quadra-Fire Santa Fe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
I'm considering the purchase of a 13 year old Quadra-Fire Santa Fe that was supposedly reconditioned by a dealer a year or two ago and wonder what a fair price might be for the unit. Obviously that depends on it's condition but assuming it's in decent working condition what would you say?

Thanks for any informed replies.

Hugh

Last edited:
Back in 05 a new one went for 1800.00. I would say around half price. kap

Back in 05 a new one went for 1800.00. I would say around half price. kap

Thanks Kappel15,

Are there any wear items that I should be careful to check on or keep an eye on. Do the electronics tend to last indefinitely if kept dry?

I really appreciate your insight.

Hugh

I'm seeing used stoves reconditioned by dealers going for around $800cad. So if your buying privately and it's been a few years since the dealer touched it. I would go 1/2 to 3/4 of that yet.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Electronics do not last forever, but my 06 Santa Fe is all original, except for a few igniters, and an exhaust fan. kap