Whats ideal pipe diameter for close to boiler piping on an EKO 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave T

Mar 28, 2008
Dansville NY
I am hooking up to my existing system to the EKO 60 soon..I am installing it in the basement...To get it into the basement I am rolling it on 2" black pipe..What are the advantages, disadvandages of running 2" pipe to go from the boiler to the manifold and 2" on my boiler recirc??Is there an ideal diameter pipe for close to the boiler pipings??

you need to be able to flow 18 gpm or so. 1-1/2" will flow 22 gpm. 2" is a bit more then you need but if that is what you have... fittings, valves, etc of course will cost more.

hr

Thanks for the quick response (MOS) Will having 2" pipe,piped down cause cold spots in the pipe at the manifold which is 1 1/2 or is this a non issue..

A non issue, in my opinion. 1-1/2 is the perfectly sufficient pipe size for that boiler. Larger is OK, the only thing you may want to think about is the size of your air purger, really don't need a "huge" one and may not want one for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.