Where to buy short leg kit (or compatible) for Regency Hampton H200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nickap91

Oct 5, 2020
Hamden CT
I am considering buying a Hampton 200, but I think with the full height legs it may be just a fraction too tall for my fireplace. I haven't been able to get the exact height of the fireplace yet as there is an old insert in there now with a back plate that covers the whole fireplace opening - but from poking a tape down the back of the plate, I THINK it is just under 29" which is just about exactly the height of the H200 with long legs. My fear is that I'll get the stove, then the installer will pull out the old insert and we'll find the clearance is a half inch below the top of the vent pipe, or something. I've been trying to find somewhere to buy the optional H200 short legs, if I do need them, but I haven't had much luck. If I could find a used set that would be ideal, as at the few places where I've seen them listed, they look to be pretty pricey. I'd also be happy to use non-Regency legs if I knew they'd fit. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The H200 with standard legs is 28 3/4" tall when vented vertically. Will this be a used unit? It is not available in a 2020 version yet. The short leg kit should be available through most Regency dealers. They cost about $75 for the painted version.

The H200 with standard legs is 28 3/4" tall when vented vertically. Will this be a used unit? It is not available in a 2020 version yet. The short leg kit should be available through most Regency dealers. They cost about $75 for the painted version.

This is actually a new unit but purchased from a dealer at a major discount (about 60% off regular price), most likely because this is the pre-2020 model and I think it's no longer sellable as 'new' because of new coding requirements ... I finally found one place online that sells the short legs, but the fine print seems to be that the price of around $80 is actually per leg, not for the set of 4 - so the actual cost is well over $300, which seems steep to me.