Where to buy wood pellets, Plymouth County, Massachusetts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modemgirl

May 31, 2008
Southern MA
I will be purchasing a Harman XXV wood pellet stove, I have been looking for a place to purchase wood pellets for this season. Like everyone else, I want good quality pellets (low ash). I am also confused as weather to buy hardwood or softwood pellets? I would like to purchase my pellets before the end of June. Thanks everyone in advance.

One of the links in the prior response is for South Shore Wood Pellets. I just got my order filled there for 2008/2009 and was very pleased with their service (I will be using BioBricks instead of pellets).

Talk to the owner, Ken, @ 617-590-1788. He is a very helpful guy and I'm sure would have some good ideas on which pellets make sense for you.

EngineRep said:
(I will be using BioBricks instead of pellets).

I am interested in the biobricks. Are they used in wood stove and fireplace? they are good compare with wood? Want to try some but totally no idea about them. They are clean? No smoking or very little?

A Biobrick is used in either a fireplace or a stove.

Visit the manufacturer's site, www.biopellet.net, as well as searching the various threads here at Hearth.com using "Biobricks" as a keyword search. Seems most people who have tried them like them a lot although there are other popular alternates such as Envi-blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.