Which stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ezras.papa

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm about to install my first wood stove. I purchased the England's 50-SHSSW01 from lowes then I ran into a Neo 1.6 for $200 more, would like some opinions. I live in a 1200 SF manufactured home.

Planning to use for zone heating or main heat? How well insulated is your home?

The Englander is bigger than the Neo by a fair margin. Should be able to heat the house without the furnace, which would be nice if you have frequent power outages. The Neo is a better looker in my opinion, and would work best for what you are looking to do with it.

Not the best comparison. The Englander's firebox is more square and can be loaded N/S. The Ne0 1.6 is an E/W loader. The Neo has a better and more robust baffle and firebox. What should be compared instead is the 50 SSW01 to the Pacifc Energy Super . The firebox sizes are equivalent, but the Super is more robust easier to service, better quality construction and design, very long track record and a longer burn time. Overall just a better, albeit more expensive stove.

Reactions: Gearhead660
I originally bought the England stove because that was about all I could afford its expensive to start, between the hearth, the stove, wood and the chimney. I just wanted to get your guys opinions, your replies are much appreciated!

Ah, the original post didn't say when the Englander was purchased. I was guessing it was earlier. There are several people here that have the 50 SSW01 and are happy with it. It's a good value. One difference I didn't mention is that the Englander will need at least 15' of flue, (stovepipe + chimney). This is sometimes a challenge in a manufactured home. The Neo and Super are less fussy and will work on a shorter flue system.