Whitefield Profile 20 Controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Can anyone tell me what Voltages I should be reading on the three points under the access panel of the Lennox 16053941 controller? I have verified that all three motors run what I put 120v to each motor. I have the service manual but don't see anything about voltages - just calibration.
I get continuity through all the limit switches - not sure about the photocell.

All lights turn on. The thermostat is on and set for 20 degrees higher than room temp. I get nothing starting. I can adjust heat and blower controls up and down.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi Don sorry for the late reply. all the pin outs for the motors should be 120vac. those particular boards are a pain to work on. is the jumper plugged in the back of the board see pic
SAM_1706.JPG

and is the fuse good.the fire eye is also very critical to the operation ensure it is clean. this is a pic of the board and triacs that control the motors. im not positive which one is which, its been so long since i did this one. these are common failures on most stoves. also try just a jumper wire across the thermostat connection.
Sam_1707.jpg

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. The jumpers are plugged in and there is continuity on both sets of pins. The fuse is good.
I have no discernable voltage between the common and each of the 3 pins down at the bottom under the access panel.
I checked the photocell with my meter and when there is no light shining on it, resistance is very high. When I shine a light up into the chute, it goes down to under 100 ohms. I checked the main connector and the two browns that come into the second pair of contacts from the one end show approximately 10 ohm.
I don't have a full schematic of the board so it's hard to tell what components would prevent the 120 volts from not getting to any of the motors or to the test pins at the bottom. I'm from up in Canada so to get a replacement control board from anywhere is between $400 to $500 with no guarantee that it will solve the problem. I. can get a new Pellet stove for around $1500 and if I get it inspected (Wett) the government will give me a $500 rebate. Even so, being a senior on a fixed pension, I would love to be able to fix the problem. That way I can keep warm and be able to eat :)

I would have to go with the triacs that i circled in green in the previous post. they can fail open or closed but 99% in the open, so you would get 0 vac through them. Its just a lil odd that all of them failed at once. was the stove plugged in all summer? could have gotten a spike and smoked them.

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. The jumpers are plugged in and there is continuity on both sets of pins. The fuse is good.
I have no discernable voltage between the common and each of the 3 pins down at the bottom under the access panel.
I checked the photocell with my meter and when there is no light shining on it, resistance is very high. When I shine a light up into the chute, it goes down to under 100 ohms. I checked the main connector and the two browns that come into the second pair of contacts from the one end show approximately 10 ohm.
I don't have a full schematic of the board so it's hard to tell what components would prevent the 120 volts from not getting to any of the motors or to the test pins at the bottom. I'm from up in Canada so to get a replacement control board from anywhere is between $400 to $500 with no guarantee that it will solve the problem. I. can get a new Pellet stove for around $1500 and if I get it inspected (Wett) the government will give me a $500 rebate. Even so, being a senior on a fixed pension, I would love to be able to fix the problem. That way I can keep warm and be able to eat :)
Ssyco is THE man when it comes to these older boards. I’d listen to him.

Well it took a week to get the Triacs and a capacitor and after I replaced the tree plus the fourth one without a heat sink, still no luck. Have one more think to try tomorrow but so far no luck
Curious how you made out on this one. I have the same stove and it's acting weird, thinking the control PCB is flaking out.