whitfield advantage I control boards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnostove

Hearth Supporter
Nov 11, 2009
western
Does anyone know why these baords light up like a christmas tree then shut down. Is there any way you can pull apart to clean? I have seen this on three stoves. The board lights up when start pused, then it goes out. Is there a link for cheap priced boards?

Is this a pellet stove . . . or a wood furnace or boiler . . . if so you might have better luck posting in those forums. If this is a woodstove . . . uh . . . I don't know.

Sounds like you have a bad control board. Sorry to tell you, but you have to buy a replacement board from Lennox. These boards have pre programmed IC chips. Know one makes a cheaper replacement board. I hope you use a surge protector. I've looked in to repairing these board, but without the pre-programmed IC chips, your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.