Whitfield Advantage ii

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clincoln008

Oct 24, 2014
Mass
Ok, I'm confused. My stoves Auger won't turn unless I bypass the preasure switch. When I pull the rubber hose that goes to the preasure switch I can feel air blowing out of it. It seems like air is coming out the chimney fine and the stove stays running. Could my blower motor be going bad or is it the preasure switch I need to replace?

The pressure switches rarely fail but one end or other of the hose barbs can plug.
If your having a good healthy fire and the stove pot runs without filling for a day your switch may well be the issue.

when was the last time you cleaned your stove or exhaust pipe?

when was the last time you cleaned your stove or exhaust pipe?
I cleaned the exhaust and the stove last week. I have never taken the blower kff and cleaned the fins inside there but have oiled it every year and its not loud. Can I just take the blower off and clean inside there?

Status
Not open for further replies.