Whitfield profile 20 major problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jayala

Dec 9, 2022
New mexico
Hello!

New here and in desperate need of help on this profile 20 stove. It is the original profile 20 not the 2nd model.Here is what's going on and what's done.
The stove will not ignight. It has a new photo eye, ignighter, and door seals. It has been cleaned top to bottom with both a vaccum and compressed air.It goes through the start up procedure and just smokes and smokes and smokes. It will finaly light when the stove times out and its doing its cool down but never when its trying to start up.

Please help! And thank you in advance

Hello!

New here and in desperate need of help on this profile 20 stove. It is the original profile 20 not the 2nd model.Here is what's going on and what's done.
The stove will not ignight. It has a new photo eye, ignighter, and door seals. It has been cleaned top to bottom with both a vaccum and compressed air.It goes through the start up procedure and just smokes and smokes and smokes. It will finaly light when the stove times out and its doing its cool down but never when its trying to start up.

first of all make sure exhaust line is clear of fly ash . take off screws on combustion motor and clean flat paddle blade . be careful not to distort them . get a plumbers wire brush for oil burners (plumbing supply has all sizes )and brush the inside and vacuum it out and re install the combustion motor and blade with new gasket and tighten nuts snug but avoid pinching mounting plate and warping it . next evacuate all pellets from hopper and buy a new bag / be sure they are new and not from a few years back . old pellets love to absorb moisture and you don't want compromised high moisture pellets .vac-out burning pot area and entire area and dump out the ash in the bottom tray outside away from people and house . do this on a calm day to avoid ash flying all over the area .now disconnect red tubing hose from vacuum safety switch that is right near combustion fan ( this will be replaced later after stove is tested ) . set stove to med. setting in the red led part of control board and set little red bars in the middle and on the yellow bar on med. with little bars in the middle also . if your air adjustment plate with a black know is near the combustion side , the flat side of that knob should be flush with the side wall of the back side of stove housing . now add pellets,say 10 lbs. , prime auger until you see new pellets dropping in pot . now start stove and you should be good . ???? have you ever cleaned proof of fire photo cell . that will prevent stove from starting up and running but for now lets see what happens . my profile 20 is 23 years old and purrs with lots of heat . keep the faith.................if it runs well re attach the hose to the vacuum switch . if it shuts down you need a new vac switch . look online . they range from 25 bucks to 80 dollars .cheap ones work just fine . good luck ,tony

You need 3 things to ignite pellets
HEAT, FULE, and AIR
You must have heat, smoking pellets
you have fule , pellets are smoking
Air: is your stove clean are the burn pot holes clean
is the combustion fan working, is the combustion air inlet clean and clear
Is the chimney clean?

HEAT, FULE, and AIR
Is the chimney clean?
HEAT, FULE, and AIR
Is the chimney clean?
master of nor much. don't tell me the basics for any fire . as usual the internet is full of b/s artist . PROUD AMERICAN >>>>>>>>>>>>

OH, nice reply ?????

Hello!

I can tell you all that is needed to have your profile 20 run smooth. my pro 20 is 23 years old with all original parts except one igniter . I,m not into forums and all the know it all types . if you wish, email me at [email protected] . with just a few hours preseason you can enjoy the dancing flame with great heat output . your choice....................................

I can tell you all that is needed to have your profile 20 run smooth. my pro 20 is 23 years old with all original parts except one igniter . I,m not into forums and all the know it all types . if you wish, email me at [email protected] . with just a few hours preseason you can enjoy the dancing flame with great heat output . your choice....................................
If you're not into forums why are you here? Maybe take your attitude and go fishing!