Whitfield stove not getting any combustion air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
idaho said:
Yep, after last post I went and plugged it again and it fired up to full speed.....

Sometimes, letting WD 40 sit in the bearings will loosen them up....it just takes a little patience.

Auto zone or a auto parts stove. Tell them you need a square pice of heat resistent gasket material how ever big you need. make pateren from old one and cut it out. eiser said then done good luck

Others have replaced the gaskets there with the 500 degree RTV sealant, stove window gasket, or even door gasket. Just try to match the thickness of what was there.

I just reattached it with what fiberglass gasket left and fired it up and it is working great. I have to leave town for a week tomorrow morning. I can't imagine it not working fine with the shoddy gasket until I get back to do it right.

Thank you all for the help. Wouldn't have been able to get it done without you, on a Sunday even! :)

I will watch the motor more closely from now on. Lesson learned.

idaho said:
I just reattached it with what fiberglass gasket left and fired it up and it is working great. I have to leave town for a week tomorrow morning. I can't imagine it not working fine with the shoddy gasket until I get back to do it right.

Thank you all for the help. Wouldn't have been able to get it done without you, on a Sunday even! :)

I will watch the motor more closely from now on. Lesson learned.

Glad to hear! Get that gasket changed ASAP, and keep us updated on how the stove runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.