Wide body GMA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
I was wondering what my grandma bear would be worth. From what I understand it’s considered a “wide body grandma” which seems like a rare stove. It’s in good shape but the rear lags have been cut down and it has bear feet. I wish I could trade someone for a listed Mama or Papa bear. Can someone tell me the worth and if there is a place to trade for a Mama or Papa?

A85170AE-5A47-40FC-BD22-6D4F6C7B5E2B.jpeg

Those feet routinely sell for $400 a set. They are the forward facing cast iron, not the later angled white metal. (Which for some reason also sell for $400) Wouldn’t be the first stove I bought just for the feet.

Facebook marketplace is where I’m seeing Fisher deals. Of course it’s the worst place to find anyone that knows what they have, so most are crazy high and a few extremely low. Intelligence is not a common trait there.

Reactions: bholler
I was wondering what my grandma bear would be worth. From what I understand it’s considered a “wide body grandma” which seems like a rare stove. It’s in good shape but the rear lags have been cut down and it has bear feet. I wish I could trade someone for a listed Mama or Papa bear. Can someone tell me the worth and if there is a place to trade for a Mama or Papa?

View attachment 303399
Where you located, I have a nice Papa