Will exhaust stain exterior wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thumbster

Sep 6, 2018
Indiana
Im new to pellet stoves and about to install an Englander 25-PDVC with dura vent AC3000 in my pole barn. Probably run it out and up.

My question is will there be significant exhaust stains on the exterior metal wall from the exhaust of this stove? This may determine the placement of where I put this stove.

I don’t see me using it every day. Mostly on the weekends and probably not every weekend.

The barn metal is a clay/light tan color.

Thanks

my siding is light blue and have no staining and it's been there since 2005

Reactions: Thumbster
You shouldn't have a problem. That said, it would also depend on prevailing winds etc; As for staining..... it is doubtful. Maybe a a slight dusting of ash occasionally which would wipe off. Pellet stoves burn clean if they are running clean.

Reactions: Thumbster