Will using Dura /Plus pipe(3 layer) affect connections to the lower Telescoping DVL and the round ce

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPapiPE

Hearth Supporter
I am having a hard time to locate a dealer that has all my neccessary pipe and fitting needs in stock and when i do locate this dealer ,some of his parts are $50 more than some of the more scarcely stocked stores. I suspect i will have to choose my parts carefully and buy cheap, where cheap quality parts are sold.

For example 6" X36" HT Simpson S.S. pipe is $83 at the local Home depot, however the same pipe is available at one of the better informed and cheaper priced net sellers at a price is $80 more plus shipping. Some network pipe sellers get as much as $167 for this same piece of pipe. Price differences are insane.

So my job of locating pipe is made harder, but a money saving quest...
thanks all for your contributions.

Yes GlowBall I think i do have enough sense to do that piece of prefitting( no offense intended) I see you have a new avatar....I get all mine online from crazy avatars, free avatars and fire avatars. I do appreciate your response to my post
Thanks Joseph

Dear Glowball, I can always count on you to cast a fly in the ointment., however if you are right i thank you for your expertise and i shall have to wait until i have all my pipe to buy adaptors...I had hoped for a more streamlined approach, but i guess i can't buy my adaptors before receiving all my pipe.
Thanks for responding ,Joe

I just came in the door from installing my chimney pipe . I searched all over to find a good price and to find some one who had everything in stock. here's what I came up with ; lowes sells simpson supervent $ 65 for 36". simpson superpro is the same thing .(about $130) i bought the supervent from lowes and my other superpro parts from cozy heat , tee,cap , ceiling box. I have a metal roof and I found on-line a place called pipeboot express , there boot was $ 30 delivered compared to $ 200 from chimney supply . hope this helps I spent a full day researching . I have $ 690 into my chimney with 15' of pipe.by the way this was cheaper than trying to use dvl and adapters , the supervent is all stainless and the pipe fits through the ceiling box with a clamp on the top side so you dont have to have any slip pipe,

Status
Not open for further replies.