Windhager BioWin XL 600 HELP PLEASE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

trehugr

Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
After installing an EKO 40 in 2007, its time to replace it with a pellet boiler for ease of operation. Sitting next to it is a Windhager BioWin XL 600. Is there anyone out there that has any experience in the installation ? I am a little overwhelmed at the moment. I feel that the installation manual (all 70 pages) is somewhat vague.

The section on "Installing the thermal discharge safeguard " has me asking a few questions.

1) Where does this get plumbed to, is it a dead end?
2) Does this replace the pressure relief valve thats on the boiler feed on the EKO?
3) Will I still need a pressure relief valve on the boiler feed?

Attached is a photo of that section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMG_7802.JPG
    IMG_7802.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 122
After installing an EKO 40 in 2007, its time to replace it with a pellet boiler for ease of operation. Sitting next to it is a Windhager BioWin XL 600. Is there anyone out there that has any experience in the installation ? I am a little overwhelmed at the moment. I feel that the installation manual (all 70 pages) is somewhat vague.

The section on "Installing the thermal discharge safeguard " has me asking a few questions.

1) Where does this get plumbed to, is it a dead end?
2) Does this replace the pressure relief valve thats on the boiler feed on the EKO?
3) Will I still need a pressure relief valve on the boiler feed?

Attached is a photo of that section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone
Have you checked with the seller to see if there is any information? a lot of those features aren't used often here in the states.

That system gets pressure fed to a reducing valve/backflow preventor ( if city water is above 88 PSI) with a thermostatically operated valve that will put water thru a coil in the boiler jacket (not the boiler water, but a copper tube going thru the water) and in event of a power outage and overheat situation, will dump cold water thru to strip off heat. it's not pressurized, (it's totally open till water gets run thru it) so no pressure relief on that line needed.