Winslow PI40 - No lights - nothing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Bo

May 25, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi,
My Winslow PI40 does nothing after we had a lightning storm a few weeks ago. The manual says the control board is bad. I took the board to an electronic technician without a diagram and he checked a few things and said that it looked good but he was not sure. He said to look at the power supply / transformer.
I have my meter set on 20 ACV and am registering .3 volts when I put on most pins including the black pin which seems very low.
The cord comes in. Green goes to Ground. White goes to Bus terminal. Black to 10 pin connector.
I am unable to download a .doc of the diagram but link below is .PDF
Wiring diagram is on page 25 of this link
http://matchless.info/~jmadden/downloads/174/Len Winslow-PI40(II&CO).pdf

The control board is over $400 so I want to make sure before I call some one.

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian

Set your meter on 200 VAC scale and see if you have 120 vac where the black and white wires come into the stove.
See my pc (private conversation)

First, did you try a new outlet? plug a lamp in and make sure its not the house?
How about the surge protector/strip? Just checking :)

how about the fuses? there's 2. are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.