Winslow ps40 ignite failure after power outage.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gfmills80

Apr 5, 2020
Basom NY 14013
Hello, my name is Gerry. I am new to the forum. have had the winslow ps40 for 10years plus. as of just recently there was a power outage of I would say 1 hour. I have tried to start the pellet stove since with no luck. first I have check and changed both fuses behind the control panel. next I went to the manual for any information it may have to offer. it said there is a reset button on the over temperature snap switch the say to press. have done that. I have visually watched the ignitor for the full 7 minutes of the ignition process to make sure it would glow bright orange. that did. I have also unplugged the unit for say 12 hours to maybe reset it. when you set the stove to ignite and press the start button the auger feeds pellets as is supposed to, the combustion blower kicks on, and the ignitor glows for the full 6-7 minutes. there are no sparks and cant even see the pellets attempting to ignite. then the ignitor goes out and the stove returns to feeding pellets as if it is lit. I am going in circles here trying to wrap my head around this with no luck. please if any one has any helpful information for me I would absolutely appreciate it. thanks for any help and cooperation.