Wireless smart thermostat to replace LUX for pellet stove?

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 28, 2008
355
Staatsburg, NY
Apparently Lux recently shut down their servers so I can no longer control my 2 pellet stoves that were connected to lux thermostats. I'm looking for something that I can connect to the 2 wires from the pellet stove and still control via wifi. I'm looking at the ecobees, but I think I'd need a C wire which the pellet stoves don't have. Would something like this work or would I need more? https://a.co/d/04dDyYZJ
 
I had a Nest before on a gas furnace (24VAC). One day the battery went dead. They had not hooked up the C common(or other side of the 24VAC). I used a spare wire and hooked it up so the NEST had 24V to charge itself. My gas fireplace had a thermostat and the remote was the thermostat, and the base unit was 120V and battery backup. I think it was Skytech. That was not WIFI, just wireless. If the pellet stove uses a dry contact, then any millivolt system should work. It will need power either 24VAC or perhaps 120V, or batteries
 
  • Like
Reactions: Burnin Since 1991