wiring englander 28-3500 to my furnace blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunk30

Nov 15, 2008
North Shore MA
I have a englander 28-3500 add on furnace and am trying to figure out how to wire it to my blower on my gas furnace to help move more air... I wired it up how it looked in the diagram from the manual but my gas furnace blower doesn't turn on and off with the blower on the add on it just stays on... Has anyone done this any advice would be appreciated... thanks

on mine i only usethe oil furnace for its blower when i want some quick forced heat to my upstairs after a while i shut it off on the box using the breaker (furnace switch is left onal lthe time) and let the englanders 850 cfm blower do the rest of the work ,i have no desire or need ot use any fuel oil since i bought this furnace

lunk30 said:
I have a englander 28-3500 add on furnace and am trying to figure out how to wire it to my blower on my gas furnace to help move more air... I wired it up how it looked in the diagram from the manual but my gas furnace blower doesn't turn on and off with the blower on the add on it just stays on... Has anyone done this any advice would be appreciated... thanks
a jump wire from the England blower to the blower on the other furnace(just tieing the 2 together) mine i have 3 blowers tied in should be black to black and white to white (your just using the power of the englander blower to trip the other furance blower)

An electrician friend of mine came by and got my blowers to run in sync (wood and gas furnaces). but i now have a new problem.... i think my gas furnace blower is cooling the air down to fast and the air that is coming through my grates is not really that warm.... any ideas ????

lunk30 said:
An electrician friend of mine came by and got my blowers to run in sync (wood and gas furnaces). but i now have a new problem.... i think my gas furnace blower is cooling the air down to fast and the air that is coming through my grates is not really that warm.... any ideas ????
are you running a good hot fire?

lunk30 said:

ideally, the whole house furnace should delay coming on until after the woodstove blower has pushed heat into the ducts, by having them both in tandem and syncronized to run together you may be blowing air past too quickly not allowing the air in the ducts to be properly preheated. im not sure how to do that other than a temp switch in the plenum or duct to tell the blower for the whole house furnace to deploy.

stoveguy2esw said:
lunk30 said:

ideally, the whole house furnace should delay coming on until after the woodstove blower has pushed heat into the ducts, by having them both in tandem and syncronized to run together you may be blowing air past too quickly not allowing the air in the ducts to be properly preheated. im not sure how to do that other than a temp switch in the plenum or duct to tell the blower for the whole house furnace to deploy.
Insulate the ducts will help

I'm guessing that your furnace is pulling in too much air from it's fresh air return. You can buy magnetic covers for your intakes, I'd cover at least some of them up so that the furnace is drawing air from mostly or just the englander.

Most furnaces today have three speed motors (hi, med, low) for the fan. Your furnace in heat mode normally runs on med. Your AC on high. I would wire it so your fan will run on low with your wood stove.

lunk30 said:

You need a plenum fan control to turn your main furnace blower on at a certain temp - and off at a certain temp. That way it will only circulate the air when it is as warm as you want it.

Or like Dww68 said - if you can run it on a lower speed that would help to, that's what I do.

lunk30 said:
i think im not that experienced first wood stove..... how can i tell
I would suggest buying a digital thermometer's and take some readings of your vents when the wood furnace is on. I did and found out the difference in heat out put varies according to where the vents are in line with the wood furnace.

I cant run my electric furnace blower when my wood furnace is on as it cools the air down to much in the farthest duct in the main bedroom

Shipper

Status
Not open for further replies.