Wood boiler and combustibles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark1000

Jan 10, 2019
Ontario Canada
Hi I'm looking at a polar gl15 my insurance requires it to be minimum of 25' from combustibles and buildings does that include live trees and also my wood pile any ideas ?

I doubt it...probably just structures, or anything that they would have to pay out money for if there was a loss or damage to it...

I would ask, they're getting tighter than they used to be.
I've seen several wood shed fires over the last few years. Space isn't a bad thing.

Does anyone know the rating of a central boiler cl4438 I can't find anything on the subject
Thats probable a good thing.
Central Boilers do not have a good reputation.
My advice is to look at other company's .

Reactions: brenndatomu
inefficient. poor build quality,poor after sales support,communally referred to as a smoke dragon.
i unfortunately am a 50% owner in one on our rental property.The neighbor hood it is in gets smoked out all winter,and the town gets complaints all winter.
Let me be clear i had nothing to do with the purchase or installation.The previous tenets had it installed and when they vacated it was left behind.They are so bad that were happy to leave it behind for free