Wood boiler BK on door does anybody know any thing about this boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

searlest

Jun 29, 2008
NE indiana
Have a chance to buy this used boiler owner says they know nothing about it except it has BK on the door

I have tried to attach a picture hope it is viewable

Attachments

• e602_1.JPG
    e602_1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 867
This is the info in the add

Indoor wood boiler, do not know the make says BK on the door Was in use last year. Has 2 inlet and outlet ports 1 Inch, has domestic hot water coil. Dimensions are 27 inches wide by 50 inches high and 36 inches deep. Feed door is 12x12. Holds approx. 15- 25 gallons of water and is a complete water jacket boiler.It will burn all night on a load of wood.

I am also looking for details on this boiler, I just purchased an indoor Boiler with BK on the Door, picked it up for $500, for the most part it is in good shape. The previous owner did not have any details, he thinks it was installed late 80's - early 90's. The outer shell is green which I just took off to see if I could find any other clues. Check out the photo. If anyone has any information please share -- Thanks.

Attachments

• Boiler BK.JPG
    Boiler BK.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 668
Very similar to the classic Royall boilers. I think the "king" and "Royall" thing is a connection of some sort. I think Royall either sold mfg. licensing rights or somebody knocked them off. Anyway, the Royalls at least are built like tanks and tend to last forever. These two BK have a nearly identical design.

Mine smoked like crazy and ate wood like nobody's business. If you can live with those two caveats, it's probably a pretty good boiler.

Thanks for the quick response. I have sent emails out to both Royall and Energy King. Royall already responded that this was not one of their stoves. I would really like to get a manual and or some specifications. Overall it looks pretty simple, but this is my first Wood Boiler and I just want to make sure the hook up is done right. I hope to use this for a couple years, do some additional research on hydronic heating and maybe upgrade to a newer larger unit. Thanks again.

BK = Burger King :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.