Wood Burning Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blue max

Jan 28, 2017
TN
I purchased a home with a Forces air wood burning furnance. I have replaced all seals, stove pipe, combustion motor. Everything goes well untill main blower kicks on. I notice theres air blowing in to my fire chamber from the
big blower and then my house fills with smoke from the vents. If anyone has suggestions I thank you.
Model Thermo Pride WB-16
No longer in production

Since the furnace is out of production, I am flying blind. The combustion small blower was missing, so I replaced it, and it bolts to a chamber that feeds the fire. There was no type of gasket with new motor. Could I be getting leakage since the motor is mounted right above main blower? Do they require a gasket or high temp sealant?

Last edited: