Wood Furnace Inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I am in the process of installing the englander furnace. The insurance company travelers told me that I need to have a fire department person or a house inspector inspect my setup since I am doing it. I am in sw pa heading towards WV. I have an older house built in 1902 and the basement is like a root cellar. So it is not the nicest looking basement. I just have heard some people be stingy and rude about inspections. I was wondering if anyone knew somebody for me. I do not know anyone at a fire department.

I remember reading somewhere that you can get your house inspected virtually over the internet by somone? Has anyone heard of this a quick google search did not give me results?

Would I need an inspection and need to report to my insurance if I install an outdoor wood furnace like the us stove 1600ef.

Status
Not open for further replies.