Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not sure but I bet they’d be inaccurate. Just throw the pics up on here and you’ll get good answers.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
Not sure but I bet they’d be inaccurate. Just throw the pics up on here and you’ll get good answers.
If you do post pictures post them in "The Wood Shed" forum so we will see them as a wood I.D. rather than this forum for questions about stoves and pipe etc.

Thanks. I have plenty of different types of rounds and splits that I work on all year long. Rather than posting pics, what I’m really after is learning how to ID them myself. If apps are not accurate, does anyone have a suggestion for a specific book that is easy to learn from? I am in New England (Mass, just south of Boston) if that matters. There are tons of books so just wondering if anyone has come across a good one, or any other resources. I looked on line and it is ok but not super helpful. Thanks.