Wood insert without electricity and eligible for tax credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dtholloway28

Feb 24, 2022
Boston
Hi all - I’m in the market for a wood burning insert but I don’t want to install one that needs electricity. I’d also like to take advantage of the 26% tax credit. Are there favored models that fit this criteria?
I like Lopi but the dealer says only evergreen qualifies.
any advice is highly appreciated!

Hi all - I’m in the market for a wood burning insert but I don’t want to install one that needs electricity. I’d also like to take advantage of the 26% tax credit. Are there favored models that fit this criteria?
I like Lopi but the dealer says only evergreen qualifies.
any advice is highly appreciated!
No wood inserts need electricity. But all will be operating at a reduced BTU output without the fans.

Ok that is good to know. Only some manufacturers advertise specifically that no electricity is needed. It makes me concerned that some models will be nearly useless without blowers while others might still radiate useful heat.

I'd say to look at ones that stick out the most into your room so as to have the largest radiating surface area, if you want to get more heat without using fans.

Reactions: jalmondale