Wood Stove Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dragonhat

Feb 4, 2023
Colorado
Hey guys,

Can anyone ID this stove for me? I've tried looking online, and all I can find is the model number for the insert model that looks like this one, not the stand alone model.

Thank you!

Screenshot_20230201-101611.png Screenshot_20230201-101632.png Screenshot_20230201-101650.png Screenshot_20230201-101707.png Screenshot_20230201-101729.png

Country Flame. Maybe a model B26? Some of their models could be freestanding or an insert.

The manual will identify it. All the B and S models use the same manual. You know it is a B or S from the tag.

All B models use the same 7x11 cat. There is a newer 1 bolt cat retainer or older 10 bolt. S model uses 7 round. That will identify B or S.

Position of blower thermostat switch in right duct or tray can determine bbf-6 or b-6.

Ref.; American Energy Systems

All B models use the same 7x11 cat. There is a newer 1 bolt cat retainer or older 10 bolt. S model uses 7 round. That will identify B or S.
I'm sorry, this is confusing me... 1 bolt cat retainer, or 10 bolt? 7 round?

Maybe I need to just read the manual... I knew this had a catalytic converter, but I don't understand what you are saying regarding bolts.

There is a switch in the center of the stove, on the bottom. I figured out that this switch controls whether the internal fan on the stove blows... but that's about all I've figured out.

Thank you for the link to the manual, this is what I've been looking and hoping for!

The shape of the combustor identifies the B or S model.

The S model uses a 7 inch round combustor.

All the B models use rectangular. The frame that holds it in place is 7 x11 and the combustor itself is a little smaller.

All B models; https://www.firecatcombustors.com/category-s/1446.htm

Here is the current companies page showing the two replacement cat holders. The single bolt and the older 10 bolt;

There is a page in the manual where it describes the blower operation. There is a thermostatically controlled switch that turns the blower on (after you turn main switch on) as it heats up. Different models have this thermo switch in different places, and you can see it in the vent as pictured in manual, or it is mounted in the blower tray. That is an easy way to tell the bff or b-6 models apart. Then you will know your model number.

Last edited: