Woodmaster 4400 Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jcannon

Oct 21, 2013
N.E. Pa
Our Woodmaster 4400 keeps burning up temp probes... We have to fill with water almost everyday... Today took 20 minutes! It is evaporating overnight. We have a hot water heater as an expansion tank with a 150 psi pressure valve and it drains water until the pressure goes down... we heat our home and domestic with the stove and has been fairly reliable. Is our house holding the heat too well and it's not calling for water or is there another problem Im not thinking of. The stove is around 165 when I check it at night.

You have a serious problem and I'm not sure anyone here can say what without being there. But something that wonky should be able to be easily diagnosed in person. Sounds like a leak somewhere to me, maybe in the underground if you can't plainly see one?

Isn't that a non-pressurized (open) boiler? It should not be making any pressure, at all - and don't even think it should need an expansion tank. I must be misunderstanding something in the translation...

woodmaster 4400 is an open boiler, no pressure at all. Either a control is not shutting the draft fan off, or there is an air leak somewhere causing the fire to never fully damper down. Check the door seal or the flapper on top of the fan. I have seen the flappers get hung up, also the solenoid fail open.

Or like Maple suggested, you are losing your water somewhere.

Reactions: E Yoder